I especially like to make this when I can use fresh potatoes and cabbage from my garden. It's mmm-good!—Mary Lou Smarsh, Laurel, Montana
- 1-1/2 cups shredded peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- Additional taco sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon onion salt. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add cabbage; saute over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chilies, taco sauce and remaining pepper and onion salt. Spoon into potato crust; bake another 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with additional taco sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Cabbage Pie in Country Ground Beef 1993, p63
Reviews for Beef and Cabbage Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review