Beef and Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup canola or sesame oil
- 1/4 cup white whine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Broil steak until it reaches desired doneness. Cool. Thinly slice into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, stir-fry broccoli and mushrooms in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 3. Whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, honey and garlic. Pour over vegetables. Stir in the beef and water chestnuts; chill for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Beef and Broccoli Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.