Beef and Broccoli Salad Recipe
From Yakima, Washington reader Sandra Rohrich comes this hearty salad, which she reveals works well as either a side or main dish. "I've used it both ways myself. What I like best about it, though, is that it's so quick to make," she comments. "My husband and children, on the other hand, tell me they love it because it tastes so good!"Sandra Rohrich, Yakima, Washington
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup canola or sesame oil
- 1/4 cup white whine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Broil steak until it reaches desired doneness. Cool. Thinly slice into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry broccoli and mushrooms in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, honey and garlic. Pour over vegetables. Stir in the beef and water chestnuts; chill for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Broccoli Salad in Country Woman July/August 1995, p10
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Beef and Broccoli Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Salad Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >