I came up with this recipe on one of those "what in the world can I fix for dinner" days. I usually have the ingredients in the freezer and pantry, so it's handy when I need to fix a meal in a hurry.—Dorothy Buttrill, Fairfield, Texas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, chopped or 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 6 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, rice, soup and water.
- Place cooked broccoli in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; spoon meat mixture over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Broccoli Casserole in Country Ground Beef 1993, p44
Reviews for Beef and Broccoli Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review