Beef and Blue Cheese Crostini
These little gems are easy, impressive and delicious. They are ridiculously easy and inexpensive to make. Seriously, you will look like a total rock star when you serve these! —Mandy Rivers, Lexington, South Carolina
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds shaved deli roast beef
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Additional minced chives
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut baguette into 36 slices. Place on
- ungreased baking sheets. Spritz with cooking spray. Sprinkle with
- pepper. Bake 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, chives, horseradish
- and salt. Top toasts with beef; dollop with sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and additional chives. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 48 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as