Beef and Blue Cheese Crostini Recipe
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds shaved deli roast beef
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Additional minced chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut baguette into 36 slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Spritz with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, chives, horseradish and salt. Top toasts with beef; dollop with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and additional chives. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 appetizer: 48 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Beef and Blue Cheese Crostini
"Excellent. Easy. Impressive. Cannot go wrong with this appetizer. I made it exactly as the recipe stated, and it was perfect!"
"I've made these twice this past week. They are easy to make. Second time I left out the chives and bleu cheese since I only had freeze-dried chives and my hubby doesn't like bleu cheese, and substituted fresh onion and a bit of dill. I liked those as well. I suspect you can't go wrong if you have nice roast beef! Oh, it only took me about 3/4 of a pound of roast beef to make them.."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer