- onions, carrots and beans; cook until vegetables are tender, about
- 30-45 minutes. Mix cornstarch and water; stir into stew and cook
- until thickened and bubbly.
- For biscuits, combine flour, baking powder, salt, oil and milk in a
- large bowl. Stir to form a light, soft dough, adding more milk if
- necessary. Drop by tablespoonfuls on top of stew. Brush top of
- biscuits with melted butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30
- minutes or until the biscuits are done. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 382 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.