- 1-1/2 pounds boneless round steak
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into thin strips. Combine mustard, chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl; add steak and toss to coat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add tomatoes, onion and bouillon. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir in beans; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve over rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Beef and Beans
"Very good! I did add a couple splashes of Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce and I thought it was fantastic!"
"This was delicious and so easy to make. I'm not sure why everyone is commenting on it being bland- we found it full of flavor! Served over rice, it was a hearty, filling, and tasty dinner."
"idea is good but not much flavor"
"Very, very, very good, and it used up some of the beef we had in the freezer!!!"
"Try adding some jarred banana peppers and some of the liquid from the jar, also add someMrs Dash Table Blend or for a little more kick, Lawry's seasoning salt. Sometimes we have to tweak the recipes to fit our family's taste."