"This deliciously spicy steak and beans over rice will have family and friends asking for more," assures Marie Leadmon of Bethesda, Maryland. "It's a favorite in my recipe collection."
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless round steak
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into thin strips. Combine mustard, chili powder, salt if desired, pepper and garlic in a bowl; add steak and toss to coat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add tomatoes, onion and bouillon. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir in beans; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve over rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Beans in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p45
Reviews for Beef and Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review