- 1-1/2 pounds boneless round steak
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into thin strips. Combine mustard, chili powder, salt if desired, pepper and garlic in a bowl; add steak and toss to coat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add tomatoes, onion and bouillon. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir in beans; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve over rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Beef and Beans
Sort By :
Very good! I did add a couple splashes of Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce and I thought it was fantastic!
This was delicious and so easy to make. I'm not sure why everyone is commenting on it being bland- we found it full of flavor! Served over rice, it was a hearty, filling, and tasty dinner.
idea is good but not much flavor
Very, very, very good, and it used up some of the beef we had in the freezer!!!
I did tweak it and I know my family's tastes. I am telling you this is very very bland and not a good recipe! Thanks, anyway!