Beef and Bean Chili Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- In a Dutch oven, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown steak in oil on all sides. Add the mushrooms, zucchini and garlic; saute until mushrooms are tender. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, light red kidney beans, black beans, water, seasonings and ground beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, mash 1/2 cup dark red kidney beans with a fork. Stir into chili. Add remaining kidney beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Uncover; simmer 20 minutes longer or until slightly thickened and meat is tender. Yield: 10 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Beef and Bean Chili
Sort By :
"NEED TO TRY YET"
"Didn't add cumin. Quartered zucchini and won't add stew meat next time. Overall, an excellent recipe!"
"I have already made this recipe once and my husband and family loved it! I also added sausage to it. I am already planning on making it again tonight."