Beef and Bean Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- In a Dutch oven, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown steak in oil on all sides. Add the mushrooms, zucchini and garlic; saute until mushrooms are tender. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, light red kidney beans, black beans, water, seasonings and ground beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, mash 1/2 cup dark red kidney beans with a fork. Stir into chili. Add remaining kidney beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Uncover; simmer 20 minutes longer or until slightly thickened and meat is tender. Yield: 10 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Beef and Bean Chili
Sort By :
NEED TO TRY YET
Didn't add cumin. Quartered zucchini and won't add stew meat next time. Overall, an excellent recipe!
I have already made this recipe once and my husband and family loved it! I also added sausage to it. I am already planning on making it again tonight.