Beef and Bacon Chowder Recipe
- 12 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 to 3 cups diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 cups milk
- 3 to 4 cups diced peeled potatoes, cooked and drained
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; pour off drippings and remove bacon to paper towel to drain.
- In the same skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain. Add the soup, milk, potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper and reserved bacon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Beef and Bacon Chowder(3)
Sort By :
We had this tonight for supper and everyone loved it. I agree with a previous review that 2 tsp of salt would be too much. I just added salt to taste. This recipe will go into my regular rotation!
This is a very tasty soup but called for WAY too much salt, and I'm not typically shy about using it. Maybe bacon varies in it's salt content but 1/2 tsp. would have been plenty instead of the 2 tsp. it called for. I recommend tasting the soup before adding the salt.
This has become one of our family favorites.