- 1 pound beef top round steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh asparagus pieces or fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced cauliflower
- 1 small sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Hot cooked rice
- Slice beef into thin 3-in. strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry half of the beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink; remove from the skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Stir-fry the asparagus and cauliflower in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add red pepper and onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return beef to skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine the bouillon, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar and remaining water; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry
"Yummy! easy to make and not a lot of clean-up--my kind of recipe."
"This is the stir-fry recipe I have been searching for. So many of them are bland- not this one! i have made this twice now- I add fresh mushrooms and green beans when in season. We like a little heat so I add a touch more hot sauce. If you have been longing for a flavorful stir-fry like me, this is the one you want to try."
"This is part of our regular rotation of recipies. I usually end up using more veggies than is called for and sometimes adding broccoli as well. Very good and not too spicy (even for the kids) even with hot pepper sauce."
"Very Good ,never have any lefy over. Like the aspargus better than broccoli. Also have used apple cidar vinegar instead of red wine woorks the same"