With tasty tender slices of beef and fresh colorful vegetables, this mouthwatering stir-fry was designated "a keeper" by my husband the first time I made it. He loves the beef and asparagus, and I appreciate how quick it is to make.—JoLynn Hill, Roosevelt, Utah
- 1 pound beef top round steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh asparagus pieces or fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced cauliflower
- 1 small sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Hot cooked rice
- Slice beef into thin 3-in. strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry half of the beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink; remove from the skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Stir-fry the asparagus and cauliflower in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add red pepper and onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return beef to skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine the bouillon, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar and remaining water; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p25
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review