- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 14 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef with onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, sage and pepper flakes over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in spinach. Remove from heat.
- Spread potatoes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with beef mixture. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, ricotta cheese, milk, pepper and remaining salt; pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Beef, Potato & Egg Bake
"Great recipe for a crowd! You can assemble it the day before and bake it when everyone is ready to eat."
"Yes, 14 eggs is correct (note "Test Kitchen Approved" icon and please don't rate until you've at least tried it - thank you). The fresh grape tomatoes give this dish a lovely presentation. I used the entire 15 oz. container of ricotta. Everyone enjoyed the dish and one guest requested the recipe."
"Is the recipe correct?? 14 eggs??"