Beef 'n' Turkey Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 2/3 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 medium potato, peeled and finely shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1. In a large bowl, combine egg whites and 1/3 cup ketchup. Stir in the potato, green pepper, onion, garlic, salt, thyme and pepper. Crumble beef and turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 10-in. x 4-in. loaf.
- 2. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil and coat the foil with cooking spray. Place loaf in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes; drain. Brush with remaining ketchup. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 240 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 808 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Turkey Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.