Beef 'n' Tomato Mac
For a quick dinner, this one is tops. It has only a handful of ingredients. To turn up the heat, use two 10-ounce cans of diced tomatoes and green chilies instead of plain tomatoes.—Daria Wicinski, Round Lake, Illinois
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and corn. Drain macaroni; stir
- into beef mixture.
- Cook, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until heated through; season
- with salt and pepper. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 357 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.