Beef 'n' Tomato Mac Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and corn. Drain macaroni; stir into beef mixture.
- 2. Cook, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until heated through; season with salt and pepper. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 357 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Beef 'n' Tomato Mac
"Crazy easy to make and the kids actually liked it. The only thing I changed was I sauteed the onion and 2 cloves of butter in a little butter and olive oil before adding the ground beef."
"Was sorta bland.I added oregano,garlic,garlic powder,Cheddar cheese,salt and pepper,and tsp cayene pep.Was pretty good.My wife liked it,That's all that counts.I liked it because,not heavy pleasant."
"Very easy, budget friendly! Exchanged 2 cans diced tomatoes for (1) can diced tomatoe w/ CHILIES and (1) can PACE picante sauce. Added the zzzip we were looking for!"
"I made this for dinner two nights ago and my family absolutely loved it. This recipe is definitely a keeper."
"I haven't tried this recipe yet, but a similar one I made up, I add chili powder to taste."
"Next time I'll add 1/2 to 1 cup of my favorite salsa and use just one can of tomatoes. I might also substitute 1 can of peas instead of corn."
"This was too plain . . ."