Beef 'n' Sausage Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside 1 cup spaghetti sauce; stir remaining sauce into meat mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- In a small saucepan, melt cream cheese over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in cottage cheese, eggs and parsley.
- Spread the meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles, cheddar cheese, 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning and cream cheese mixture. Layer with remaining noodles and reserved spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes more or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Sausage Lasagna(5)
Sort By :
I made this for my family. They all loved it even my 4 year old who is hard to please.
I used ground turkey and Italian turkey sausage and used no cook lasagna noodles. I also used 2% cheddar cheese and non fat cottage cheese and egg beaters to make the whole thing healther. It turned out very good and everyone liked it.
LOL well now I read the recipe again and saw where I missed the mozzarella the first time around, I don't see why you couldn't use regular cheddar, I may do it that way since I have that on hand too! Sounds yummy and delicious.
I want to try this recipe but think I will just use mozzarella, which I already have on hand.
That white cheddar is pretty expensive,can I substitute med. cheddar?
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >