Beef 'n' Sausage Lasagna Recipe
Here's a traditional lasagna with a dash of imagination. I make it different by using cream cheese and white cheddar. The layering is unusual, too, with meat on the bottom and cheese on top.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside 1 cup spaghetti sauce; stir remaining sauce into meat mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt cream cheese over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in cottage cheese, eggs and parsley.
- 3. Spread the meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles, cheddar cheese, 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning and cream cheese mixture. Layer with remaining noodles and reserved spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Italian seasoning.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes more or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC