Beef 'n' Rice Hot Dish Recipe
Ground beef and rice star in this hearty casserole. It's prepared on the stovetop, so dinner's ready in no time.—Elma Katainen, Menahga, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion, green pepper, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 376 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 833 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC