Beef 'n' Rice Hot Dish Recipe
Ground beef and rice star in this hearty casserole. It's prepared on the stovetop, so dinner's ready in no time.—Elma Katainen, Menahga, Minnesota
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion, green pepper, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 376 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 833 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Rice Hot Dish
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC