- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion, green pepper, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Rice Hot Dish
Sort By :
Made this last night and it was very good. I did add corn with the tomatoes as well as cheese after simmering.
We found this recipe a little bland. The next time I make it I will add extra seasonings.
This recipie is a good basic one. I used it to make stuffed peppers, and they were very good. Then I added some grated parm and the scooped out inside of summer squash chopped fine and sauted in butter, to stuff the squash before baking about 35 min till the shells were tender. Very very good and something different to do with all the squash from the garden.
This recipe is delicious. My family likes to eat it by itself, but it's also delicious as a filling for tacos!