Beef 'n' Rice Enchiladas Recipe
With a toddler in the house, I look for foods that are a snap to make. Loaded with beef, cheese and a flavorful rice mix, these enchiladas come together with out any fuss. But they're so good that guests think I spent hours in the kitchen. -Jennifer Smith Colona, Illinois
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese,
- 1. Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in Spanish rice and 1-1/4 cups enchilada sauce.
- 2. Spoon about 2/3 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top each with 1/3 cup cheese; roll up.
- 3. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10 enchiladas.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC