- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, peppers, mushrooms, soy sauce, butter and brown sugar; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until the noodles are crisp. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Rice Bake
Sort By :
I have made this dish several times. It's easy and very good. My family always goes back for seconds. Not the best dish for leftovers because the noodles aren't as crunchy when you reheat it, but it is still a great dish!