Margaret Pache's festive French bread slices topped with roast beef, red peppers and melted cheese are simple to make and a breeze for guests to handle. They remain a holiday hit with family and friends in Mesa, Arizona.
- 2 cups shredded cooked roast beef
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 jar (7-1/4 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with roasted peppers; sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into slices. Serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Beef 'n' Pepper Bread Slices in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p44
Reviews for Beef 'n' Pepper Bread Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review