Beef 'n' Noodle Casserole Recipe
—American Dairy Assn., Rosemont, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) medium noodles
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onions and green pepper in butter 3 minutes or until tender. Add beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine tomato paste and sour cream; stir in the noodles and cottage cheese. Layer half the noodle mixture in 2-qt. casserole; top with half the beef mixture. Repeat.
- 4. Pour tomato sauce evenly over the top of the casserole. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 404 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 412 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC