Beef 'n' Noodle Casserole Recipe
—American Dairy Assn., Rosemont, Illinois
- 1 package (8 ounces) medium noodles
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onions and green pepper in butter 3 minutes or until tender. Add beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine tomato paste and sour cream; stir in the noodles and cottage cheese. Layer half the noodle mixture in 2-qt. casserole; top with half the beef mixture. Repeat.
- 4. Pour tomato sauce evenly over the top of the casserole. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 404 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 412mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein .
Reviews for Beef 'n' Noodle Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC