- 1 package (8 ounces) medium noodles
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute onions and green pepper in butter 3 minutes or until tender. Add beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato paste and sour cream; stir in the noodles and cottage cheese. Layer half the noodle mixture in 2-qt. casserole; top with half the beef mixture. Repeat.
- Pour tomato sauce evenly over the top of the casserole. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef 'n' Noodle Casserole in Country Woman January/February 1994, p37
Reviews for Beef 'n' Noodle Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review