Beef 'n' Green Bean Pie Recipe
This recipe is a family favorite and makes a wonderful Sunday night supper served with a salad.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, optional
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper if desired over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, beans, salt and garlic salt. Simmer for 8 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat egg and 1 cup cheese; spread over crust. Stir 1/2 cup cheese into meat mixture; spoon into crust.
- 4. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 438 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 1,251 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC