- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, optional
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper if desired over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, beans, salt and garlic salt. Simmer for 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and 1 cup cheese; spread over crust. Stir 1/2 cup cheese into meat mixture; spoon into crust.
- Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Green Bean Pie
Sort By :
"Nice, simple supper!"
"I made this recipe using a 9x13 nonstick cassarole dish. I doubled the ingrediants to make a larger amount. My husban and step daughter (adult) loved it and she is picky about new recipes. We ate it for lunch the next day just as good. I used extra smoky paprika on the top it gave it a extra flavor. We loved it already bought the ingrediants to make it again. T Pressnell Springfield Ohio"
"Great way to use up all those garden green beans! Did need a little salt though! Was better left over."
"Tasted far better than predicted!"
"Very good. I wouldnt have thought of putting the two of those together, but its very delicious!"