Beef 'n' Gravy on Potatoes
“My husband was raised on meat and potatoes, and this quick dish is one of his favorites,” writes Michelle Hallock of Warwick, Rhode Island. Round out this dinner in a jiffy by zapping frozen vegetables in the microwave or tossing together a green salad.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in garlic powder and onion powder.
- Prepare gravy according to package directions. Place the potatoes in
- a large bowl; add the milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium
- speed until smooth. Serve beef and gravy over mashed potatoes.
- Yield: 4 servings.