Beef 'n' Gravy on Potatoes Recipe
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in garlic powder and onion powder.
- 2. Prepare gravy according to package directions. Place the potatoes in a large bowl; add the milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Serve beef and gravy over mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Gravy on Potatoes
"I also remember this meal from my high school cafeteria. This seemed a little bland. Not sure what the difference was. I used instant mashed potatoes for ease and quickness. Leftover potatoes could also be used."
"This was one of my favorite hot lunches back in grade school. That was 40 yrs. ago! I have made it also, making my own beef gravy to go on it. In the school cafeteria, where I got to help with serving, we would use an ice cream scoop for the potatoes, then spoon the beef and gravy over it. Oh, the memories!"