“My husband was raised on meat and potatoes, and this quick dish is one of his favorites,” writes Michelle Hallock of Warwick, Rhode Island. Round out this dinner in a jiffy by zapping frozen vegetables in the microwave or tossing together a green salad.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in garlic powder and onion powder.
- Prepare gravy according to package directions. Place the potatoes in a large bowl; add the milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Serve beef and gravy over mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beef 'n' Gravy on Potatoes in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p21
Reviews for Beef 'n' Gravy on Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review