Beef 'n' Chili Beans Recipe
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Place the beef in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the brown sugar, mustard, salt, paprika, chili powder and pepper; sprinkle over beef and toss to coat. Top with onion, tomatoes, beans and corn.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Chili Beans(4)
Sort By :
I agree with the review that said it really doesn't have any flavor, despite the seasonings. It has a kick to it, but all you get is the little bit of heat coming through and no actual flavor. I added an extra can of diced spicy red pepper tomatoes and a package of taco seasoning mix. That helped to give it some of what it is missing.
This is a fair base for a recipe, but I only would make this again if I prepared it differently than how the recipe calls. I think I would also substitute the stew meat for ground hamburger. I definitely do not think the recipe as is is "contest winning".
Excellent, easy, and flexible -- This recpie is one to add to ways to use left overs and add different beans and vegetabes to satisfy any appetite. This is so savory and delicious.
It did nothing for us. There was no flavor even with the spices. There was also too much liquid and the corn seemed out of place. I'm sure I could work on it to get it right but I'm looking for recipes that are easy and flavorful.
Always looking for easy and nutritious meals. This is a great recipe that ticks both boxes nicely. I did think that the flavour was very mild but that is the beauty of this dish: you can adjust the seasoning at the table to suit individual tastes. This made a huge crock pot full and it was demolished in one sitting. This has joined the "Make it again, Mom!" files. Thank you!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Stews >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Stew Recipes >