I took this dish to the last church meal we had, and it was a hit! Several of the ladies requested the recipe. I have to admit it is so easy to make—just put the ingredients in the slow cooker, and dinner’s ready before you know it. The tomatoes with green chilies really add some zip.
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Place the beef in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the brown sugar, mustard, salt, paprika, chili powder and pepper; sprinkle over beef and toss to coat. Top with onion, tomatoes, beans and corn.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Beef 'n' Chili Beans in Country October/November 2005, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Chili Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review