Beef 'n' Cheese Macaroni
"I love to make this delicious main dish for my brother and me when our parents are at work at dinnertime," reports Jamie Brown of Witchita, Kansas. The mild-tasting combination of ground beef and noodles is sure to be a hit with even the pickiest eaters.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cook macaroni according to package
- directions; drain and set aside. In the same pan, melt butter. Add
- the cheese, milk and salt; cook and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Drain beef. Stir beef and macaroni into cheese sauce; heat through.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 279 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.