This open-faced sandwich is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages. “My family loves eating supper when I make this entree,” says Becky Stubbs of Larned, Kansas. “It looks like a lot of work, but it’s really a breeze.”
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, green pepper, olives, salt, chili powder, garlic and cumin. Remove from the heat.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on a baking sheet. Spread meat mixture over cut sides; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beef 'n' Cheese French Bread in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p31
Reviews for Beef 'n' Cheese French Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review