Beef 'n' Cheese Dip
I combined two favorite recipes and trimmed them down to create this yummy fondue-type dip. It's great for receptions, parties and get-togethers. It was a hit with the guys at our house last Christmas!
Heather Melnick of Macedon, New York
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly sliced dried beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup mild pepper rings, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced round rye bread
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and sour
- cream. Stir in the beef, onions, peppers and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out
- bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cube removed bread and top of loaf;
- set aside.
- Fill bread shell with beef mixture. Wrap in foil; place on baking
- sheet. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with vegetables and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 3 cups.
Editor's Note: Mild pepper rings come in jars and can be found in the pickle and olive aisle of most grocery stores.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 tablespoons dip) equals 159 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium,