Beef 'n' Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly sliced dried beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup mild pepper rings, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced round rye bread
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and sour cream. Stir in the beef, onions, peppers and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cube removed bread and top of loaf; set aside.
- Fill bread shell with beef mixture. Wrap in foil; place on baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until heated through. Serve with vegetables and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Beef 'n' Cheese Dip in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p37
Reviews for Beef 'n' Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2013
"Wow!! What a fantastic dip!! The flavors all meld together so wonderfully in that cheesy, gooey; oh behave yourself way....that you can't help but have yourself another spoonful!!"