- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup white wine or beef broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the onion, green onion and garlic in oil over low heat until tender. Add beef; stir-fry over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and onions are golden. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat and onions; set aside.
- Add wine or broth to the pan; stir to loosen browned bits. Add broccoli and mushrooms; stir-fry over high heat until broccoli is tender. In a bowl, combine cornstarch and pepper; stir in broth and vinegar until smooth. Add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in beef and onions; heat through. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Beef 'N' Broccoli Stir-Fry
"My husband loves this. Based on the previous reviews I did add some sliced carrots and a tsp of ginger to the recipe. My husband also likes a bit of heat so I added a pinch of red pepper flakes to this as well. He gobbled it up."
"We love this recipe. It is very easy to make and tastes great. I add a little sliced carrots and tsp of ginger.my husband raves about it"
"I made this last night, and it wasn't good at all. Since it received 5 stars I thought it would be wonderful, but the sauce was so bland...no flavor at all. Once I added things to it (ginger, salt, and maybe a tsp of molasses), it was better...but I won't be making this again."