Beef 'n' Braised Onion Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine or cider vinegar
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion rings
- 4 onion rolls or hamburger buns, split
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 4 slices brick or Monterey Jack cheese (1 ounce each)
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, combine water, horseradish, oil and vinegar. Add onions; cook and stir until liquid is absorbed and onions are golden, about 12-14 minutes. Place bottom halves of rolls on a baking sheet; top with beef, onion mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 433 calories, 21g fat (0g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 37g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 4 meat
Reviews for Beef 'n' Braised Onion Sandwiches
"I made this recipe tonight and I hated it & so did my family! I wish that I had not wasted my money on the ingredients."