- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine or cider vinegar
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion rings
- 4 onion rolls or hamburger buns, split
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 4 slices brick or Monterey Jack cheese (1 ounce each)
- In a skillet over medium heat, combine water, horseradish, oil and vinegar. Add onions; cook and stir until liquid is absorbed and onions are golden, about 12-14 minutes. Place bottom halves of rolls on a baking sheet; top with beef, onion mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beef 'N' Braised Onion Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p81
Reviews for Beef 'n' Braised Onion Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2010
"I made this recipe tonight and I hated it & so did my family! I wish that I had not wasted my money on the ingredients."