Beef 'n' Black Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the next 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cook for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Add the beans and rice; cook 1 hour longer or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Beef 'n' Black Bean Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious! I put this in the slow cooker and my girls ate it for dinner and supper. My husband was gone and asked me to save some for him. There was none left."
"This is a long-time family favorite. It is easily modified for both vegetarian and vegan lifestyles, and substituting whole grain wild rice makes it an even healthier "warm up from the inside" meal."
"My grandson asks me to make this soup. It is a favourite."
"This is a great soup recipe. I have made many times. I also made with veg broth for my vegetarian girls."
"This is very good and not too long to fix. The first time I made this just as the recipe said. Tonight I left the rice and celery out,much much better"