Beef 'n' Biscuit Bake Recipe
This recipe is not only quick and easy, it's very satisfying and has the best flavor. With its beef and corn combo, I think it's a great example of Midwest cuisine. —Erin Schneider, St. Peters, Missouri
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, corn, soup, milk, onion, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, brush all sides of biscuits with butter; roll in cornmeal. Place on top of bubbling meat mixture. Return to oven 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned and cooked through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 439 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,180 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC