- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, corn, soup, milk, onion, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush all sides of biscuits with butter; roll in cornmeal. Place on top of bubbling meat mixture. Return to oven 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned and cooked through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Biscuit Bake
Sort By :
We're empty nesters. so would try making *half* a dish. Also would not use chili power, but perhaps basil/oregano. Like another reader mentioned, will bake homemade biscuits separate.
My biscuits were still doughy on the bottom half but the rest of the dish was good. We did enjoy it but will make the biscuits separate next time.
This is one of the best dishes I have ever made. My fiance begs me to make it every time we have company. Made it once for my church small group and they all loved it.
This was a good casserole. Very filling.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >