Beef 'n' Bean Starter Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with garlic and onions, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until beef is tender. Cool.
- 2. Transfer 4 cups to each of two freezer bags or freezer-safe containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 8 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 78 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Bean Starter
"Great tasting, convenient make ahead. Compliments everytime I take it to someone."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.