- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Roll each loaf of dough into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle, about 1/4 in. thick. Cut each into eight 4-in. squares; top each with 1/4 cup filling and 1 tablespoon cheese. Bring the four corners together up over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise for 15 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Serve immediately, or freeze and reheat in microwave at 50% power for 1-1/2 minutes each. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Beef 'n' Bean Pockets in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p54
Reviews for Beef 'n' Bean Pockets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mexican Bread Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >