Beef 'n' Bean Enchiladas Recipe
After cooking ground beef in the microwave, I combine it with cans of bean dip and green chilies to fill flour tortillas. Cheddar cheese and black olives jazz up the prepared enchilada sauce that tops this swift Mexican specialty. -Linda Lundmark, Martinton, Illinois
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (9 ounces) bean dip
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 9 white or yellow corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1. In a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, milk and enchilada sauce until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until thickened, stirring every minute. Stir in cheese and olives; set aside.
- 2. Place beef and onion in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the bean dip, chilies, pepper and remaining salt.
- 3. Spoon about 1/3 cup meat mixture and 1 tablespoon of diced tomato down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly.
- 4. Place enchiladas seam side down in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Top with sauce. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-8 minutes or until bubbly around the edges, rotating dish twice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2.000-1/4 each) equals 597 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 1,642 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Bean Enchiladas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC