Beef 'n' Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (9 ounces) bean dip
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 9 white or yellow corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1. In a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, milk and enchilada sauce until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until thickened, stirring every minute. Stir in cheese and olives; set aside.
- 2. Place beef and onion in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the bean dip, chilies, pepper and remaining salt.
- 3. Spoon about 1/3 cup meat mixture and 1 tablespoon of diced tomato down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly.
- 4. Place enchiladas seam side down in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Top with sauce. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-8 minutes or until bubbly around the edges, rotating dish twice. Yield: 4 servings.
2-1/4 each: 597 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1642mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 7g fiber), 34g protein
Reviews for Beef 'n' Bean Enchiladas
"I did not cook this dish in the microwave., and made a few other changes . I used ground turkey instead of ground beef , and cut the sodium down. All in all it was still really good and my kids loved it! it will be a regular dish."
"Have made this many times for my family! One of our favorites!!"
"This was so good!! Instead of microwaving the dish at the end I put it in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes. Delicious!"
"I was all set to give this recipe a go- UNTIL I read the nutritional facts, and was astounded at the level of sodium! I would never eat this as is, or ever feed to a child. So many changes could be made to make this healthier, and not a heart attack waiting to happen!"
"Fairly quick and easy, really yummy and flavorful. This has become a regular dish of mine."
"this was a super easy and very good recipe that i will definitly make again, preparing it in the microwave is a huge time saver, i used the flour tortillas because that is what i had on hand, but it was still excellent!"
"Instead of using plain ground beef, I use our leftover taco meat in this recipe. It adds even more great flavor and is a clever disguise for the leftover taco meat!"