Beef 'n' Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (9 ounces) bean dip
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 9 white or yellow corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, milk and enchilada sauce until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until thickened, stirring every minute. Stir in cheese and olives; set aside.
- Place beef and onion in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the bean dip, chilies, pepper and remaining salt.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup meat mixture and 1 tablespoon of diced tomato down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly.
- Place enchiladas seam side down in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Top with sauce. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-8 minutes or until bubbly around the edges, rotating dish twice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Bean Enchiladas(7)
Sort By :
I did not cook this dish in the microwave., and made a few other changes . I used ground turkey instead of ground beef , and cut the sodium down. All in all it was still really good and my kids loved it! it will be a regular dish.
Have made this many times for my family! One of our favorites!!
This was so good!! Instead of microwaving the dish at the end I put it in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes. Delicious!
I was all set to give this recipe a go- UNTIL I read the nutritional facts, and was astounded at the level of sodium! I would never eat this as is, or ever feed to a child. So many changes could be made to make this healthier, and not a heart attack waiting to happen!
Fairly quick and easy, really yummy and flavorful. This has become a regular dish of mine.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >