- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 32 wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in beans, cheese, ketchup, chili powder and cumin.
- Position a wonton wrapper with one point toward you. Place 1 tablespoon meat mixture in the center. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with water; press to seal. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with salsa. Yield: 32 egg rolls.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Beef 'n' Bean Egg Rolls
Sort By :
"Thanks for sharing!! My husband and I had friends over for New Years eve and they all loved the egg rolls!! Great recipe and not hard to make. I think I'm going to make a double batch and freeze some for next time."