- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic salt
- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the
- beans, water and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a
- 16-in. x 11-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in.
- baking sheet. Spread beef mixture down center of dough; sprinkle
- with cheese. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 1/2 in.
- from filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an
- angle across filling; seal ends. Cover and let rise until doubled,
- 30 minutes.
- Brush egg over dough. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until
- golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 393 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 696 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.