Beef 'n' Asparagus Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup broth until smooth; set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil for 1 minute or until meat is no longer pink. Add the asparagus, onions and garlic; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, tomato, basil and oregano; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Add the wine, olives, salt, pepper and remaining broth. Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; serve with beef mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 451 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Beef 'n' Asparagus Pasta
"Very tasty and smells great. I made it with spaghetti b/c I didn't have bow tie pasta on hand.Tip for future cooks: Have everything chopped up and ready to stir fry when you put your pasta on to boil. If you start your stir fry and pasta at the same time, they'll be done around the same time. Hot food tastes so much better! Also, I was too eager to eat and probably should've let it thicken a little bit more. Anyhow, this is a keeper. Used all the veggies as written in the recipe. I wasn't sure about using green onions but it was great. Served with spring green salad with shaved asiago cheese on top."