Beef 'n' Asparagus Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup broth until smooth; set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil for 1 minute or until meat is no longer pink. Add the asparagus, onions and garlic; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, tomato, basil and oregano; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Add the wine, olives, salt, pepper and remaining broth. Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; serve with beef mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 451 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Beef 'n' Asparagus Pasta
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.