- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms
- 2 envelopes thick and zesty spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, wine, green beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, sauce mix, parsley, onion, rosemary, pepper and salt. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in tortellini. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until tortellini are heated through. Yield: 11 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef & Tortellini Marinara with Green Beans
"This recipe is so full of flavor, delicious!!"
"This recipe is the BEST!!! I have made this several times and it is delicious. I made it exactly as the recipe and it is a favorite."
"Although this recipe looks and sounds delicious, most of it is still sitting in the crock pot. My Italian food loving family did not care for this at all. I may try again without the spaghetti sauce envelopes... not a flavor we cared for. I would also make the tortillini separately and serve the crock pot fixings over the top as the the tortillini were very chewy."
"This was hearty, the sauce was thick, and the beans were still al dente. There was a strange flavor that I couldn't put my finger on - would like to make again, but perhaps use less of that herb, if I could figure it out; also a little hot - might not use as much pepper another time."
"This is excellent. It is rich, hearty and filling. It is also easy to make - put it in the slow cooker, leave for the day. Then come home, add the tortellini, make a salad, warm the bread and enjoy."