This hearty Italian pasta stew is a tradition with my family. It's great served with crusty Italian bread to dip in the sauce and with a nice big green salad. I like to have a glass of red wine with this meal-in-one.—Joyce Frey, Jacksville, Kansas
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms
- 2 envelopes thick and zesty spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, wine, green beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, sauce mix, parsley, onion, rosemary, pepper and salt. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in tortellini. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until tortellini are heated through. Yield: 11 servings.
Originally published as Beef & Tortellini Marinara with Green Beans in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p27
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef & Tortellini Marinara with Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review