- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place Tater Tots in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in broccoli, soup, tomato, 3/4 cup French-fried onions, 1/2 cup cheese, milk, garlic powder and pepper; heat through. Pour over Tater Tots.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Beef & Tater Bake
Sort By :
"I made this for a potluck. Not good. Bland, salty, and generally unhealthy."
"Made this for dinner last night and we all loved it, even our son who's not that fond of ground meat. I made one slight change. When I made my shopping list, I thought the recipe called for frozen broccoli cuts. I don't like the texture of those, so I bought a pound of fresh broccoli crowns instead, planning to cut them up and steam them before adding. When I realized my mistake, I just rough chopped the fresh broccoli, steamed it in the microwave for a few minutes and added it as directed. It turned out delicious. Definitely a keeper!"
"We are empty nesters, so I cut the recipe in half. Couldn't find the fried onions at the supermarket, so I eliminated them. The recipe turn out great without them. We had leftovers enough for a second meal, so I served this again as a lunch meal. Tasted great reheated also. Love a recipe that is low in cal but tastes like it is full of calories."
"This casserole is to die for! I made it last night and everyone in my family loved it. Very simple to make. I followed the recipe exactly but may have used closer to a cup of cheese in the skillet and also at the end. I found the soup (Campbells) at Vons too, so stores do carry it. Served this with a salad and it was the perfect meal."
"This was great and very easy. I followed the recipe. The tomatoes, broccoli, and French onions were a perfect trio. I cooked real white potatoes and beef night before to save time during our usual evening time crunch."