- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place Tater Tots in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in broccoli, soup, tomato, 3/4 cup French-fried onions, 1/2 cup cheese, milk, garlic powder and pepper; heat through. Pour over Tater Tots.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Beef & Tater Bake(50)
Sort By :
Excellent, the whole family loved it. Definitely make this again.
I thought for sure the tater tots would be soggy, but after reading all the good reviews, I decided to try the recipe. Baking them for 10 minutes obviously helped them from getting mushy.....this is a great casserole and I will make it again!!!
in place of fresh tomato in his comforting dish, will use diced canned tomato, since a family member does not like fresh tomatoes.
My boyfriend's kids devour this! No one can turn down tator tots. :)
I typically half this recipe with absolutely no problems. Cream of whatever soups will keep for a week or so in the fridge if they are tightly sealed, so it's easy to just use 1/2 the can. If I need to thin it out, a little beef broth helps. I do saute some fresh garlic (and might try fresh onions thanks to a suggestion in the comments!) with the lean ground beef. I also drain off all the grease from the meat. While I've never made it without it, I don't think the tomato is truly essential.
Great easy and kid-friendly meal!
Nice alternative to a traditional beef casserole. I also used fresh onions in the dish instead of the fried onions and just used to the dried to top it off. I used cream of celery reduced fat and 93 % fat reduced beef.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Potato Recipes >