- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place Tater Tots in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in broccoli, soup, tomato, 3/4 cup French-fried onions, 1/2 cup cheese, milk, garlic powder and pepper; heat through. Pour over Tater Tots.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Beef & Tater Bake
Sort By :
"This was great and very easy. I followed the recipe. The tomatoes, broccoli, and French onions were a perfect trio. I cooked real white potatoes and beef night before to save time during our usual evening time crunch."
"Yummy!! I didn't have cream of broccoli, so I used cream of mushroom. I also added a little extra cheese and some more salt. It was delicious!! My whole family loved it!"
"You can not go wrong with a tater tot bake! I made this with ground turkey and with beef. Both are great! I love the addition of broccoli, great way to kick up the nutrition!"
"This looked like it would be "okay", but I decided to make it since it had ingredients in it that I had on hand - except for the soup . I couldn't find just plain cream of broccoli soup at the store and substituted a can of broccoli and cheese since I wasn't going to run around wasting gas looking for one ingredient. I also added more garlic powder after tasting it before baking. Anyway.........it was a hit! My picky son declared it a "keeper", and a friend who had come for dinner, and is on a diet, finished all that was left! This is one that I will be making again!!"
"What do tou think? Could you toss real potato chunks with oil, salt and pepper ; pre bake, and use in place of tater tots?"